Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Miracle of Transformation

Well its been a while since I have posted here. Not for the lack of having something to report, actually on the contrary, there is too much to say and time has been a precious commodity these days.

I began a quest to draw near to God and for God to draw near to me, in this quest I have found a tangible God that cares deeply for me and shows himself to me daily. In this quest I have had many encounters with the presence of God himself and in these moments I am forever changed. The transformation that is taking place in my heart is not always a pleasant thing. Actually it very seldom is pleasant but the bittersweet aroma that I am left with is everlasting and carries me through until my next encounter with Him.

I wonder if a butterfly experiences pain when it is transforming from an ugly caterpillar into its final stage as a beautiful butterfly?

No one sees what goes on in private, hidden in that hard shell of a cocoon that encases and protects it until it is ready to submerge from its safe hiding place to reveal to the world the miracle of transformation.

I wonder if it complains because it is bound and unable to see the world, I wonder if it becomes impatient with the process and hinders its change in any way? I think not. I believe this creature submits to the power that is within it, and allows the change to take place naturally so it can submerge from its captive state as a worm crawling on the ground to a beautiful butterfly whose wings take it to the greatest heights on this planet and soars letting the wind take it where it may.

Granted this change is short lived but what would we pay to experience such a transformation in our own lives even if the glory only lasted for a short while? Our days as it is, are numbered and no one knows their number so it goes without saying that to spend those final days transformed and soaring to the greatest heights and letting the wind (Holy Spirit) take us where it may is a glorious thought.

Is it possible for us or is this transformation only available for a creature that appears to have very little significance? If it were possible what would we pay?

It IS possible and the price has already been paid. By whom? Our creator! Our Father in Heaven. He has prepared like that butterfly a change for us, a transformation to pick us up from the ground and deliver us from the bondage of sin and set us free so we can spread our wings and let the beauty of who we were created to be shine out of us so we can bring a sweet aroma to the world around us. All we have to do, like that butterfly is to submit to the power of the Holy Spirit that draws us near to his son Jesus, stop struggling and let the transformation take hold of our hearts and our minds.

What a glorious transformation and it is available for you.

No comments:

I created a new blog to practice my story writing at http://www.itsonlyastory.blogspot.com/. Your critique is encouraged, good or bad but please be specific.