Thursday, March 25, 2010

What is Restoration House?

I started this blog during my recovery. My recovery from a broken heart and a shattered spirit. At the end of my recovery a home for broken women was birthed. A friend of mine emailed me yesterday and suggested that I blog about the home and tell some of the stories of the girls that have come through here. Not sure why I hadn't already been doing that. Time probably, but it is time well served to share the miracles that take place here. Have all the girls experienced the transformation that I have, the freedom from pain and past hurts? Sadly no. But those that willingly surrendered control of their lives to God certainly have and that is what these blogs are going to be about. I hope one or some touch your heart and start you on a path to complete restoration!

Restoration House started as a desire to help women get off drugs and alcohol. This desire has turned into a mission to minister the love of Christ to these women. After seeing and experiencing the transforming reality of what surrendering your life to Christ can do, it has become my life's passion to open homes in small communities for young female adults with a deep desire to overcome addictions and alcoholism. This home will also be a safe place for young pregnant mothers with nowhere to turn. We offer an alternative to abortion and an alternative to a life of drugs and alcohol. At Restoration House we don't focus on the addictions and failures these young women bring with them; instead we focus on Jesus Christ-Our Healer and Deliverer.

No comments:

I created a new blog to practice my story writing at http://www.itsonlyastory.blogspot.com/. Your critique is encouraged, good or bad but please be specific.