Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Want More

I am on a quest. Some may say it is an impossible quest. An unattainable prize. But I say it is possible, it is attainable. It is living a life totally and completely sold out for God. A true and humble servant to God. Walking in his anointing, experiencing him everyday. Is that possible for any one person to achieve? I believe it is possible and there is one person I know of for sure that attained it, his name is Jesus. The bible says he was an example for us, meaning what he attained in relationship with God is possible for each and every one of us. I do believe it is possible, however it is still very difficult for me to wrap my head around that.

What is required of me on my quest? What must I do to experience God more in my life. Is it wrong for me to want more of him? He has already done so much for me, but it's not what he can do for me that I seek. I seek him, the very essence of him permeating from within me. I thought up until now that I was seeking him and doing pretty good at keeping communication open with him but tonight I realized that I was just skimming the surface, God has so much more for me but that more for me requires something more from me.

Matthew 6:33 Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and these things will be added unto you.

God gave me that scripture 2 years ago and in my quest I sought to know of him and he revealed himself to me and in those brief yet beautiful experiences he has healed me and began to strip me of me, but there is more to heal and more to strip. I will start a new journey tomorrow, to seek his very presence, to allow him to pour of himself into me.

Two years ago that would have sounded very strange, foreign and uncomfortable for me to hear much less for me to say or think, but not today.

So I venture into my new quest for an even more personal and intimate relationship with the God of the universe, my creator, my father, my King Jesus who died so I could have this opportunity to know him intimately as he has always known me.

Lord here I am.

1 comment:

Michael Schmid said...

Thanks for that blog post! These thoughts were just what I needed right now implanted in my own mind. May God help you stay faithful on your quest!

I created a new blog to practice my story writing at http://www.itsonlyastory.blogspot.com/. Your critique is encouraged, good or bad but please be specific.